If you’ve never heard about ecstatic blues dance…
A friend just told you about it…
And you’re curious, but don’t know quite what to do…
1. Check out a couple of videos
- watch this one first (with Karen R. Smith, Jan-2007)
- blues/tango fusion (with Mirabai, Jan-2007)
- beyond fusion: more self-expression, less form (with Kyna and Calvin, Jun-2010)
- my dance map: connect to self, connect to other
- dance objectives: what dancers, leaders and followers might want to learn
- wear comfortable, flat, flexible shoes. barefoot okay, high heels are troublesome.
- avoid wearing very strong colone and perfume, as some people are allergic
- come by yourself (most do) or bring a partner (it’s okay to not rotate in classes)
What advice would you have for a new dancer?